We all have moments in our lives where we think “I’m so glad my mother never let me do that ” Whether it was playing video games all day, dropping out of school at 13, or riding your bicycle without a helmet. Whatever, it was, we can all be grateful for a mother’s wisdom and guidance. So thanks Mom for not letting me............
buy Jeans for $50. That taught me to spend my money wisely.
Have whatever I saw in the checkout line. You taught me to avoid impulse buying.
Have a boyfriend at age 12. I learned that dating should be purposeful and serious.
- Take whatever medication prescribed by the doctor. It taught me to research and ask questions.
- Eat junk food to my hearts content
- Go tanning
- Leave my room a mess
- Wear makeup at 8 years old
- Drive with teenagers
- Stay up all night on the weekends
- Watch hours of television
Thanks Mom for not letting me Say, Do, Eat, Go, Wear, Watch, or Experience, anything that I wanted, whenever I wanted. It set me up for success in making my own decisions.
So here’s to my mom and the times she said No!