Questions are important to stimulate conversation and to encourage others to open up. A good question can reveal an answer within the question. It can bring about breakthroughs for people, it can create connection, and it can show your interest in the other person. Some questions to use:
- What do you love most about what you do?
- What does a typical day look like for you?
- What’s your biggest frustration in your job?
- What are areas you feel you excel in?
- What do you do on your commute?
Other good phrases to use
- How does that look?
- How does that make you feel?
- Tell me more about that
What are some questions you have learned to ask?